Moniteau County Library @ Wood Place has a variety of materials, resources and programs for our adult patrons.
Winter Read Program a Big Hit!
The second annual adult winter reading program has ended with 108 participants. 10 lucky readers won $20.00 Chamber of Commerce Gift Certificates sponsored in part by the Moniteau Saddle Club. The drawing was on March 1. And the winners are...Glen Bayne, Melvin Butler, Arla Dearing, Willis Hoskins, Beth Jungmeyer, Virginia Kirchhoff, Naomi Pearson, Sara Robinett, Barb Whittle, and Bill Worden. Winners can stop by the library to pick up their prizes. We hope you enjoyed the 'Chill Out and Read' program
MOREnet Databases: Subscription Resources are only available on library computers.
- LearningExpress Library
LearningExpress Library is an interactive online learning platform featuring over 770 practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks related to job search and workplace skills improvement, career certification and licensing exam preparation, college entrance and graduate school admissions exam preparation, GED exam preparation, and basic skills improvement in reading, writing, and math, for all ages. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results.
- Other Online Resources: If you don’t find what you need here, check the ‘Resources’ tab on the bar at the top of the page.
Print Collection: Our collection of adult fiction features best sellers and popular authors. There is a wide range of Reference and Non-Fiction titles for research or special interests. We also have a large print collection for those who find that format easier to read.
- Latham Family Award Winning Book Collection: This collection is funded by the Latham family in memory of Dr. and Mrs. Kenyon Latham. It includes books from the following awards: Aventis, Caldecott, Edgars, National, Newberry, Nobel & Pulitzer. There are books for young children and youth, as well as many books for adults - quality fiction, poetry, biography, science, history and more!
- Media Collections: Our collection includes audio books in CD format and movies in DVD and VHS tape formats.
Programming for Adults:
Clubs: The library has several groups that meet regularly to share common interests.
- The Book Club meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 1:00 p.m. in the Bolinger Room upstairs. Group members discuss the current selection and select the book for future months.
- Wood Place Bookworm Sewers & Quilters: Groups meet in Heyssel Hall
- Quilters meet 10-4 on Tuesdays. This group starts a new quilt top quarterly.
- Sewers meet 6-8 pm Tuesday evenings. Join this group to sew a variety of projects of your choice with assistance from group leader, Sandy Schaeffer. Equipment needed: sewing machine & fabrics. Heyssel Hall
- Knitters, beginner or advanced, led by Avis Boies, meet at 7:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month. Heyssel Hall
- Angels Group. Make tiny Afghans and Quilts for hospitals to use for still born babies. The Group meets second Sunday of the month, 2-4 p.m. Heyssel Hall
Moniteau County Library @ Wood Place will be closed to observe the following holidays:
Christmas: December 24-25
New Year's Eve: December 31 - closing @ 5 p.m.
New Year's: January 1
The Quilt Winner Is.............
The winner of this beautiful quilt is Sally Vogel. We thank the Bookworm Quilters for creating this beautiful quilt and to everyone who bought tickets. We especially thank the Friends of the Library who took the quilt to various locations and events and sold chances. This fundraiser brought in $1,059.00 to benefit the library!!
Huge 1/2 off Book Sale
Though we have sold many books, there are still plenty of hardback and trade paper books available. The sale features a wide variety of non-fiction and fiction hardbacks and trade papers at reasonable prices. There is still a large selection of 'like new' fiction titles from many popular authors. This is our last in-house sale in this format and it will continue until all are gone. Hurry in for your best selection.
Library Book Club Meets December 18, 2013
The December selection for the Wood Place Book Club is "Have a Little Faith" by Mitch Albom. All are welcome to join the book discussion on Wednesday, December 18, at 1 p.m. in the Bolinger Room upstairs at the library.
Quilts of Honor
See the 14 veterans and the beautiful quilts made especially for them under "News".
NOTICE: WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ANY DONATIONS OF BOOKS AND MEDIA. We simply do not have staff time and storage space to handle all that we receive. After the fall sale, we do not plan any future sales in this format. All fundraising to benefit the library will be handled by the Friends of the Library beginning in 2014.